Arugula is also known as Salad Rocket, which is a fitting name for this zippy leafy green. Arugula is a delicious early summer vegetable from the brassicaceae family. Like others in this vegetable family (such as kale, cabbage, cauliflower and mustard greens), Arugula has no shortage of healing qualities.
- With very few calories and tons of flavor it is a great green to help maintain a healthy weight without sacrificing great tasting foods!
- Arugula is a rich source of certain phytochemicals that have been shown to combat cancer-causing elements in the body. Arugula is also a great source of folic acid and Vitamins A, C and K. As one of the best vegetable sources of Vitamin K, arugula provides a boost for bone and brain health.
- Arugula has an array of minerals and high levels of Iron and Copper, making it a good substitute for spinach if you’re paying attention to getting more vegetable based iron in your diet.
- Its peppery flavor provides a natural cooling effect on the body – a good food for hot weather picnics!
- Like other leafy greens, arugula is also a hydrating food, helping keep your body hydrated in the heat of summer.
There are no products to list in this category.